Welcome to my Retro Game Music blog. As an avid game geek and music nerd, I decided to start a very simple blog about what I'm passionate about: Classic video game tunes. Put on some headphones and relax.

HEAR SOMETHING WILL YA !!

Thursday, October 7, 2010

seasons

I find it funny how people were mentioning Banjo-Kazooie in the comments of my last post, since I was planning on putting up a BK song today. I'm sure you all know Banjo-Kazooie was made by Rare (RIP) and of course you know by now that Rare is no stranger to amazing composers.

Anywho, Banjo-Tooie was a great sequel, but I can't really think of many songs off the top of my head, aside from Isle O' Hags and Glitter Gulch Mine (My favorite level in the BK games). BK had a much simpler yet catchier soundtrack and I've gotta play a few here.

I've got 2 favorite levels, mostly because of their music too. Firstly is Freezeazy Peak, the fun snow level. I love Winter-themed levels.

MAN, I love this song. When little trumpet boy (That's actually probably Robin Beanland) pops in at 0:26, the song really kicks into high gear. Its got the winter theme going on without being slowly drawn out like you might expect. Upbeat and atmospheric, it makes a great tune for the level.

My other favorite level had to be Click Clock Wood, for a multitude of reasons. Firstly, its a pretty big level. And then the level is multiplied by 4, one for each season, each one with a fitting remake of the theme for its season. My personal favorite on this one has to be the spring theme, probably because of how modest the beginning is.

You can hear the fallout of the Donkey Kong inspiration with that drum at the beginning. Then at 0:40 it gets really fleshed out into a really joyful and exciting track.

Man. What a good game. I miss you Rare.

7 comments:

  1. man i played the heck out of this game

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhh all the memories... good times, good times :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like dusting off my n4 now :s

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woooo old times coming back to haunt me! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to waste so many hours on both Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie. Great games man, and great songs.

    ReplyDelete